Keeping Pharaoh Ants Away From Your Rockwall Home
June 15, 2022 - Ants
Pharaoh ants in Rockwall are a real issue for homeowners. These nuisance pests are just one of the many types of ants that cause problems here and can threaten human health. Because pharaoh ants can spread diseases to you and your family, professional pest control in Rockwall is essential to help keep our homes safe. Keep reading to learn what attracts these ants, how to prevent them, and how A Better Earth Pest Control can help your home be pharaoh ant-free today!
Does Having Pharaoh Ants In My Home Mean It's Dirty?
There is this stigma that having pests of any kind, let alone pharaoh ants, means your house is dirty. However, pharaoh ants in Rockwall will invade homes regardless of their cleanliness. Below are some of the reasons you may be experiencing a pharaoh ant infestation:
- Easy access to foods: The main reason pharaoh ants invade homes is to search for food. If your pantries are full of fatty and sweet foods, you will likely see them invade.
- Moisture and water: Like other pests, these ants also seek access to water. If you have leaky pipes or spigots on your property or in your home, this could be what is luring them to your place.
- Organic debris: All pharaoh ant infestations start in your yard. Having logs, stumps, and other organic debris littering your yard makes your property more appealing to these pests.
Ant control in your home is just as important as ant control in your yard. If you work with a professional, they will help you identify all the things on your property that will lure pharaoh ants.
Will Pharaoh Ants Go Away On Their Own?
One of the biggest reasons professional pest control in Rockwall is so important is because it is virtually impossible to get rid of a pharaoh ant infestation on your own. Unfortunately, when these pests move in, they are there to stay. They will not go away on their own. Pharaoh ant colonies are huge; some can even have hundreds of thousands of members. Most people try to get rid of the colony by themselves but only succeed in splitting it up. This splitting of the colony is called budding. When a colony splits up through human intervention, the colony buds into separate colonies and forms several large groups that go on to build nests in your home and yard.
How To Prevent An Ant Reinfestation In Your Home
While it may take a professional to remove a pharaoh ant infestation (or reinfestation) permanently, the good news is that there are prevention strategies you can implement to ensure they don't return:
- Clean up your yard: Ant control in your yard is essential to controlling a pharaoh ant infestation. Start by clearing your yard of organic debris, and maintain it regularly.
- Seal up your house: Because of their size, pharaoh ants can squeeze through tiny holes, meaning every little crack in your siding or foundation could be an entry point for them. Go around and locate these, then seal them up.
- Clean up food messes: The best ant control in your home comes from cleaning up food messes. Pharaoh ants can smell even a tiny spill of juice or something sweet, but if it's cleaned up thoroughly and quickly, you are less likely to have a problem.
A professional can help you identify ways to tweak your home and yard to prevent a pharaoh ant infestation.
How Can I Get Rid Of Pharaoh Ants For Good?
If you are fed up with the pharaoh ants ruining your yard with their mounds and crawling around your kitchen counters, call us here at A Better Earth Pest Control! With over 20 years of pest control experience, our expert technicians have the skills and tools required to safely and effectively exterminate pharaoh ant colonies in their entirety, ensuring they do not bud off into new ones. We start with an inspection, then customize a treatment plan as unique as your situation. We treat both the exterior and interior of your home to exterminate the entire infestation. Additionally, we complete follow-up visits to make certain your home is pest-free. Give us a call today!